You can update information into the following fields: ‘Description’ and ‘Short’. It is important to note that to edit these details you must always choose the Extranet Edit channel.
Any text which appears in the Extranet Edit channel will appear on your visitscotland.com web listing. Please use lower and upper case and punctuation when typing this text. The text will appear on your listing exactly as you have entered it in these sections.
Please note the Road and Transport section do not populate your web listing. If required, add this information to your main description.
You cannot edit the default channel. Text here does not appear on your listing.
The text you enter in the description is your main one and what visitors will see when they land on your listing. This should give a detailed overview of your business. Write a keyword-rich description for search optimisation. Include any important post Coronavirus specific information visitors will need to be aware of.
Temporary changes to keep you safe:
- Revised opening hours if applicable
- Short summary of safety measures that visitors need to be aware of, such as physical distancing, mask-wearing, hand sanitiser provided
- Info about changes to offering for visitors, e.g. spa closed, function suite currently unavailable, take-away menu available, toilets open/closed, outdoor food and drink area, parking facilities
- Additional info for visitors such as advance booking requirements, any limits on visitor numbers, local public transport changes
As part of your business description we would encourage you to include information on your business’ sustainability policy and any related actions you have undertaken. For self-caterers this should include reference to your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Rating.
- Ensure that you have clicked the ‘Extranet Edit’ channel
- Click on ‘Edit Description’ in the description box
- This will open a second page where you can update your main description. If you copy and paste text into this pop up box, please ensure this is done via Notepad to remove any formatting which might not appear correctly on your VisitScotland web listing
- If you wish to link to an external website or content, e.g. TripAdvisor or menus, use the hyperlink facility. Highlight the text you would like hyperlinked, click on the link icon and add the URL of website. Click ’OK’
- Click 'Save & Close' to save and to return to the description page, and hit 'Save' on the description page
'Short' - This is the text which will appear in bold at the start of your description.
- Ensure you have clicked the ‘Extranet Edit’ channel
- Type or copy and paste your text directly into this box (max 240 characters – plain text, no formatting options available)
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page
Back to 'Edit your web listing'
Back to the top