How to offer accommodation bookings on VisitScotland.com
To offer accommodation bookings on your VisitScotland.com web listing, you have to be working with a web booking engine that is integrated with our site.
A web booking engine (or property management system), is a web-based system that allows you to accept bookings online, either through your own website or through a third-party booking site.
These systems offer administration and management facilities, allowing you to add room availability and prices.
Why use a web booking engine?
Maintain your room availability and pricing in one place
Searchable on our site
Live room availability and pricing will be searchable on visitscotland.com, and visible on your web listing
Appear in date searches
Your business will appear when a visitor searches for accommodation with the date, and they can complete their reservation on the booking page
Facts about web booking engines
of our visitors book accommodation online
The number of accommodation searches on VisitScotland.com
Booking engine partners
Selecting a Web Booking Engine
If you’re already working with one of our 15 providers, you’re ready to get started. If not, here are some questions to ask before you decide on the right provider.
- Does the provider offer a booking engine for my sector?
- Is there a setup fee, annual fee, or any other fees?
- What are the rates of commission (if any)?
- Do I need to host my website with the provider?
- How is the booking system incorporated into my website?
- What payment options can the provider offer visitors? All major credit cards, or PayPal?
- What customer support is available? Is it by phone/email/Livechat? What are support operating hours?
Take a look out providers’ websites for more information:
- Discover Scotland
- Hop Software
- Hostelling Scotland
- Private House Stays
- Vacation Rentals Scotland
Once you are partnered with one of our providers, simply add the provider’s unique reference into the VisitScotland Extranet. Step-by-step instructions on how to do this are in the below download, and our Customer Services team are on hand to give you any support you require.