What you need to know
The International Events Programme is at the very core of our EventScotland business. Through this programme of investment, our EventScotland team fund major, world-class events which are raising the profile of Scotland’s Perfect Stage around the world. We support events though this programme in a number of ways: working in partnership with local authorities and governing bodies on bids to secure major international properties for Scotland; communicating directly with event organisers for annual events where we have an established relationship, and; actively looking for new and existing events to bring to Scotland for the first time. If you would like to discuss any opportunities further, please contact us directly. Events supported through the International Funding Programme must:
- Generate substantial economic benefits for Scotland through increased visitation including visitors, spectators and participants
- Highlight Scotland as an events and tourism destination through high profile, international media coverage
- Enhance Scotland’s opportunities to host further major events
Please consider the following questions to assist you in assessing the likelihood of your event fitting the criteria for funding through our EventScotland International Events Programme:
- Does your event have potential to contribute to the delivery of Scotland's National Events Strategy, Scotland The Perfect Stage?
- Will your event bring a significant number of spectators/participants to Scotland? Will your event provide significant international media coverage of Scotland?
- Will your event provide an economic return on investment through additional visitor spending?
- Will your event leave a sustainable legacy for Scotland?
How to apply
Assess criteria and download guidance
Carefully consider the funding criteria and for more information read Scotland the Perfect Stage, Scotland’s Events Strategy 2015-2025. If you need clarification on the criteria please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Contact our EventScotland team
Please get in touch with us to discuss your proposal. We'll be available throughout the application process for advice and guidance.
Complete the application form
Apply by completing the online form in full.