Guidance and advice for the tourism and events industry
We know that this is an extremely difficult time for businesses and individuals across Scotland and we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it develops to ensure we are in the best position to work with the Scottish Government and other key partners to manage what’s happening as effectively as possible.
First and foremost, everyone should follow all current guidance to minimise the spread of the virus and keep the public safe.
As it becomes available, this section will be updated with the latest information and advice to support tourism businesses and organisers of events through this challenging time.
Latest updates to this sectiond
- 01 June: We have updated the latest information on the Job retention scheme and the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme.
- 29 May: The latest update from the Scottish Tourism Emergency Response Group (STERG) meeting on 21 May.
- 27 May: The latest marketing intelligence report has been published.
- 26 May: Final phases of STERG National Action Plan now published.
- 19 May: The latest marketing activity in response to coronavirus has been published.
- 14 May: The Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will remain open until the end of October and the Pivotal Enterprise Resilience Fund reopened for new applications. We've updated the finance support page.
- 7 May: New Tourism Destination and Sector Support Fund is open for applications.