- The Scottish Accommodation Occupancy Survey (SAOS) gathers tourist accommodation occupancy data. This includes data from a sample of hotels via an opt-in voluntary survey.
- The survey is commissioned by VisitScotland. It is carried out by the research agency, The Moffat Centre for Travel and Tourism Business Development.
- The monthly report compares the latest available month with that of the same month in the previous year.
- Analysis is provided by room and bed occupancy, location, tariff and star rating.
- Each monthly report is published two months after the month in question to allow for data collection and analysis.
Scottish Accommodation Occupancy Survey - Hotels September 2023
Published November 2023
1. Key Statistics
Average monthly hotel room occupancy for September 2023
Average monthly hotel room occupancy for September 2022
Source: Scottish Accommodation Occupancy Survey, 2023