We've been hosting another round of national digital webinars in partnership with Business Gateway DigitalBoost with sessions in June, July and August 2021. These webinars are aimed at supporting the Scottish tourism industry, providing digital support and advice.
Topics have included; search engine optimisation (SEO), how to make your tourism website work for your customers, and managing your reputation. All webinars provide tourism businsesses with practical tips and advice to take away from each session.
'Turning lookers into bookers in the tourism experiences sector' webinar
In our last webinar of the series we're inviting tourism businesses across Scotland to tune in on 25 August, 12pm - 1pm, to hear from our panel of experts on key insights and guidance from booking system providers used by tourism experiences, and from Scottish businesses themselves.
The panel discussion will be preceded by a short presentation from TripAdvisor featuring current trends in line with beyond level zero, details of how to make travellers feel safer and using TripAdvisor to capitalise on the increased demand for domestic holidays.
Panel discussion will cover:
- Setting up a booking system for your business
- The experiences of Scottish businesses using booking systems
- Increasing your product distribution via channel management
- Using a booking system to implement hygiene / COVID-safe measures to help both visitors and staff members
- Additional optimisation / customer relationship management / marketing functionality
- Customer payment options and a contactless booking experience
- Customer communications and review generation
- Other new technology / functionality that booking systems can bring
Panel experts include: Chad Shiver (Senior Principal Client Partner – DMO at Tripadvisor), David Rogers (New Business Sales Manager at BookingHound), Stewart Darroch (Account Executive at FareHarbor), Callum Knight (Senior Leisure Consultant at FuseMetrix), Paul Nixon (General Manager at The Real Mary King's Close) and Lynne Jobes (Business Manager at Beirhope Alpacas).
Book your place for 'Turning lookers into bookers in the tourism experiences sector' webinar.
* Please note if you’re using a mobile / tablet device you may have to download the 'Teams app' before being able to access the webinar.
Watch the recorded series
Did you miss any of our previous webinars in the series, or would you like to watch them back? You can do so now. Keep an eye out for more recordings being added soon.
Webinars in the series to date:
- Digital fundamentals for tourism businesses | 8 June 2021
- Make your tourism website work for your customers – apply user experience (UX) | 21 June 2021
- Managing your online reputation and why it's even more important now | 28 June 2021
- Tourism businesses: enhance your social media presence in 90 minutes | 7 July 2021
- Tourism businesses: use analytics to evaluate your digital platforms and get customers | 14 July 2021
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) for tourism businesses – part one | 28 July 2021
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) for tourism businesses – part two | 4 August 2021