Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight 2020
This year’s Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight takes place between 5 – 20 September and is all about those inspirational Scottish food and drink heroes who helped to not just feed those in need - but also kept us inspired with their foodie ideas, shared their skills and expertise and produced those fantastic products that became the highlight of our lockdown days.
Join the fortnight and help amplify the importance of supporting our local food and drink industry, recognising the suppliers, products and people and celebrating the hard work, determination and innovative ways our industry has adapted to the global crisis.
It's the ideal opportunity to capitalise on the public’s desire to support local and encourage more people than ever to buy, eat, source and promote Scottish food and drink.
How do I join in?
There are many ways in which you can get involved. Here’s some examples:
- Introduce new suppliers and launch / celebrate them during the fortnight
- Shout about your Scottish products / ranges / dishes and encourage your customers to buy, learn about and enjoy them.
- Launch new products
- Engage your chefs / ambassadors to demonstrate how your sector’s excellent products / ingredients can be used and where people can buy them
- Promote cross-sector collaboration through food and drink pairings e.g. whisky and salmon; beef and lobster; buttery, crowdie and smoked salmon
- Hold virtual events and tastings. We have some useful resources for taking your events virtual.
There are many more ideas on the Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight 2020 toolkit.
Telling your story and sharing it across your social media channels is a really effective way to engage with your customers, and reach new ones, during the Fortnight. Post striking images of your products and producers, showcase your team or highlight your hidden gems.
Get involved in the online chat by posting engaging content which gives an insight into you, your business, products or people.
The dedicated hashtags #ScotFoodFort20 and the @scotfooddrink Twitter, Instagram and Facebook can be used to link content and further promote all the activities taking place throughout the Fortnight.
The Scotland Food & Drink team might even share your content on its channels too, helping you reach a wider audience. All you need to do is tag them in your post using @scotfooddrink and use the campaign hashtag #ScotFoodFort20.
If you have any stories or ideas you’d like the Scotland Food & Drink team to promote across its channels, please get in touch via email@example.com.