- The Scottish Accommodation Occupancy Survey (SAOS) gathers tourist accommodation occupancy data. This includes data from a sample of businesses within the camping and touring caravan sector.
- The survey is commissioned by VisitScotland. It's carried out by the research agency, The Moffat Centre for Travel and Tourism Business Development
- The monthly report compares the latest available month with that of the same month in the previous year.
- Analysis is provided by room and bed occupancy, location, tariff and star rating.
- Each monthly report is published two months after the month in question to allow for data collection and analysis
Scottish Accommodation Occupancy Survey - Touring November 2023
Published February 2024
1. Key statistics
Average touring pitch occupancy for November 2023
Average touring pitch occupancy for November 2022
Source: Scottish Accommodation Occupancy Survey, 2023
3. How to take part
Are you a Scottish accommodation business and would you like to benefit from this free opportunity to monitor your occupancy? Please contact the Moffat Centre for more information.Email Moffat Centre