Closure to apply immediately
The Scottish Government is telling businesses including cafes, pubs, and restaurants to close, along with nightclubs, theatres, cinemas, gyms and leisure centres.
The measures follow a meeting of the UK Government’s COBR committee, attended by the First Minister, and will be implemented across the UK with immediate effect.
Cafes and restaurants may continue to operate takeaway services but customers cannot sit-in.
The changes come as a result of updated scientific advice and will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Businesses being instructed to close include:
• Food and drink premises (other than those providing takeaway services)
• Pubs, clubs and other drinking establishments
• Cinemas, theatres and bingo halls and concert halls
• Spas, wellness centres and massage parlours
• Casinos and betting shops
• Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms and swimming pools
Read more on the Scottish Government website.