The way by which we communicate with industry, stakeholders and our partners has changed as a result of COVID-19. One of these is through hosting virtual events and webinars.
We've recently launched a new webinar series, led by our senior team, where we'll discuss the issues and challenges the industry are navigating during this pandemic.
We successfully hosted our first webinar with Riddell Graham on 13 May to discuss the recovery of tourism, which received almost 500 viewers and we’re running further events over the next few weeks.
Similarly to our face-to-face events hosted pre-lockdown, we encourage feedback from attendees to make sure we're delivering events which are useful for you. Our webinars are no different, and we'd like to hear from you if you have any feedback for us.
Things to know about taking part in our webinar
Here are our top tips for making the most of our webinar sessions:
- Be sure to change your settings and turn off your audio by choosing to “mute” your microphone when joining the webinar. This turns off your microphone so our speaker can be heard clearly and without interruption. There may initially be some background noise as you join, which is due to the volume of people tuning in and preparing to take part in the webinar.
- If you don't want your video to be visible during the chat, be sure to "turn off video" during the session. Our webinar will be recorded so it can be made available online afterwards for those unable to join live. If you do chose to keep your video on, rest assured your video won't appear in the recording shared afterwards.
- We want you to get involved! Use the web chat function to ask questions during the session. The webinar host will provide instructions on how to do this through the live web chat function. As facilitators and presenters of the session, our host will monitor the webchat and put questions to our guest speaker - so the shorter it is, the more likely it will be asked live during the webinar.
- We can’t guarantee that we'll be able to answer every question though we’ll do our best to get through as many as we can. We'll aim to answer all of the questions in our follow-up question and answer resource, which will be made available afterwards.
- If you need to leave the webinar at any point or need to join later, our session will be recorded so you don't miss a thing.
If you missed our webinar with Riddell Graham, be sure to take time to watch.
Recovery of tourism webinar
You asked, we answered
Following our previous webinar session, we pulled together a copy of all the questions asked, grouping together questions on similar topics. These are now available to view, which also includes a number of useful resources which were shared and highlighted to be beneficial for you and your business.
As part of this series we've organised a further three webinars with different members of our senior team. These will take place over the next few weeks and registration will be available soon. Make sure you pencil the following dates in your diary so you don't miss out:
- Wednesday 20 May – "Our marketing recovery plans" with Vicki Miller, Director of Marketing.
- Monday 25 May – "What the world of tourism looks like and how the 'new normal' will be," with Chris Greenwood, Senior Tourism Insight Manager. Sign up today to tune in.
- Tuesday 2 June – "The impact on the events industry and looking ahead to operating in a new norm" with Paul Bush, Director of Events.