Get ready for the Solheim Cup 2019
Getting involved couldn't be easier. Our Solheim Cup 2019 toolkit contains everything you need to know about this major women's golf tournament taking place from 9 - 15 September this year, at Gleneagles in Perthshire.
Firstly, what is the Solheim Cup?
How can you get involved?
To help you make the most of this exciting golf event, we've put together a few handy tools including promotional wording, social media 'handles' (accounts) and facts about the Solheim Cup.
1. Download the logo
Tee off your involvement by using the official free Solheim Cup logo as part of your marketing.
2. Use the promotional wording
Tap into new audiences or welcome back familiar faces with a selection of key messages about the Solheim Cup to use across your own channels.
3. Use free imagery, videos and creatives
You can access our free to use images and videos featuring stunning imagery of Scotland and golf in Scotland with our Digital Media Library. Search Solheim Cup for the latest images leading up to the event.
Spread the word
For the consumer:
- Our Solheim Cup 2019: Everything you need to know blog can be found on visitscotland.com
- We caught up with Catriona Matthews, captain of the European Team about some of her favourite places in Scotland. The blog shares some inspiring ideas for visitors to extend a visit before or after the Solheim Cup. visitscotland.com/blog/golf/catriona-matthew-solheim-cup-guide
- Our Golf PR and Activation Manager David Connor, explains how the 2019 Solheim Cup can allow Scotland to usher in a new era for golf – one with equality, experience and innovation at its heart. linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6536916929314205696/
Help us to promote and celebrate female golf in Scotland. Our #HerScotland campaign video features four women golfing, taking part in an off-road experience, enjoying afternoon tea and generally relaxing and having fun with their friends all on a trip to Scotland.
#HerScotland showcases Scotland as both a golf and tourism destination, with females taking the lead - which helps us to support and promote the 2019 Solheim Cup.
5. Get sociable
Join the conversation and share content across your social media by using the event social handles (accounts) and hashtags:
Keep up to date with all the latest event news on Twitter:
@SolheimCupEuro - the official handle for the SC19 European Team.
@LETgolf – the Ladies European Tour official handle.
@VisitScotGolf - our official golf-focused page.
@VisitScotland - our official handle for consumers.
@EventScotNews - our Events Directorate for Scottish event industry news.
@Gleneagleshotel - host venue for the 2019 Solheim Cup.
@GolfPerthshire - page to find out information, news on where to play, stay, eat and what to see and do on your golf break in #Perthshire.
@PerthandKinross – official handle for Perth & Kinross Council.
@ScottishGolf – the official handle for the governing body for amateur golf in Scotland.
@Scotland – ScotlandisNow official handle. The gateway to visit, live, work and invest in Scotland.
@Beany25 (Catriona Matthew) - Team Europe Captain.
Are you going to the Solheim Cup?
Do you know someone who might like to go?