A new era in world sport will get underway in the summer of 2018 as Glasgow and Berlin host the inaugural European Championships — an exciting new multi-sport event bringing together some of the continent’s leading sports.
The 2018 European Championships will run from 2 - 12 August, putting both Scotland and Glasgow in the spotlight with a potential television audience of up to 1.03 billion across Europe.
Glasgow 2018 Welcome Packs are also available for businesses. Packs include: bunting, flags window stickers, coasters, pens and balloons - they are available on request from email@example.com.
Nine Glasgow 2018 Facebook frames have been created for businesses and individuals to use as an overlay on their Facebook profile. Visit facebook.com/profilepicframes and search 'Glasgow 2018' to select yours.
Find out more about the European Championships including tickets and latest news at Glasgow2018.com.
Key facts about the European Championships
- Run by leading European Sports Federations
- Brings together existing individual European Championships into one co-ordinated multi-sport concept
- 11-day celebration of European sport staged every four years
- 2018 European Championships to include seven leading sports: athletics, swimming, cycling, rowing, triathlon, golf and gymnastics
- Approximately 4,500 athletes to compete
- The European Broadcasting Union and their free-to-air members are the broadcast partners for the European Championships
- The individual events will have a potential total audience of more than 1.03 billion television viewers across the continent and an even wider audience via multiple digital platforms.