Media Training (Public Sector, NGOs and Social Enterprises ) | Edinburgh
- 26 Mar 2019 10:00
- 26 Mar 2019 16:00
- £ 195.00 +VAT
- The Melting Pot, 5 Rose St, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR
Participants will understand how to prepare and package media stories and examine any issues that might arise.
You will learn how to communicate your story in a way that sets the media agenda, positively promotes your organisation and improves public relations.
During the day you will look at how to make the media work for you. You will understand how media and journalism can increase the success of your campaign.
The course will cover
- What makes a story; when and where to place stories.
- Knowing your audience.
- Accessing, influencing and inspiring different demographics.
- Messaging methods to feel confident in constructing media stories.
- Media processes as you develop and ‘sell’ your story.
- Writing skills (press releases, comment pieces, newsletters, publicity & letters to the editors).
- Social & digital media as a messaging and campaigning tool.
- Dealing with negative media (crisis management).
- Feeling confident in developing and evaluating a media plan.
Who should attend this course?
The course is designed for people working at local, national or international level. The programme will help local government, not-for-profit, NGOs, Social Enterprises, NHS staff or a business looking to maximise the impact of their media activity. Whether you’re an experienced media officer looking for new ways to work or you’re looking to start a new media campaign, this day will give you the support you need.
- 20% OFF this course when booked together with Social Media Training (31st January 2019).
- £425: Corporates & Large Businesses.
- £338: Large Charities, Small Businesses & Public Sector.
- £195: Smaller Charities (under 15 staff) and self-funded.
- Individuals Bespoke/Tailored courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
- Concessionary rates for the unwaged and discounts for students are available according to space and capacity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Prices include a hot Mediterranean buffet lunch & Fair Trade refreshments.
For bookings and information please contact us on: Tel: 0207 324 4775 Email: email@example.com.