Group Training Certificate (People1st)
- 02 Sep 2019 09:00
- 16 Sep 2019 17:00
- £ 410.00
- Dumfries & Galloway College, Bankend Road, Dumfries DG1 4FD
This course runs over three consecutive Mondays! Learn how to design and deliver effective and interactive training sessions to groups of people.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
• Identify two training activities and write objectives that are appropriate for interactive group training sessions.
• Plan accurate training sessions with support materials which reflect real practice and include appropriate information.
• Carry out interactive training sessions at a pace and sequence that maximises learning.
• Provide constructive feedback to learners following practice sessions.
This course is run in an informal and highly participative way with active discussions, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and practice sessions to polish new skills.
There is homework to be completed in for day two and for day three.
• Write and evaluate structured objectives
• Plan training to meet the defined objectives
• Identify appropriate methods to maximise the group’s understanding
• Develop skills to engage all members of the group
• Ensure training is applied in the workplace
You will understand:
• How people learn in groups
• Writing an instructional objective
• Structuring training – introduction, development and consolidation
• Handling groups effectively
• Questioning techniques
• Using visual aids and hand-outs
• Increasing participation
• Using syndicates and exercises
• Completing workplace action plans
• Delegate practice sessions