Advanced Facilitation Training - Edinburgh
- 15 Oct 2019 09:45
- 15 Oct 2019 16:15
- £ 242-489
- The Melting Pot, 5 Rose St, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR
This will be unlike training you’ve experienced before – you’ll be challenged, engaged and hopefully excited while experiencing the power of deep facilitation.
While this is a day of learning, it is also time for you to think about your work and share your experiences. You’ll be asked to analyse difficult situations and come up with your own solutions! You will also develop your skills and attitudes as a facilitator in working with diverse groups and using participatory processes. We'll look at what it means to be in the mind-set of a facilitator rather than to just ‘do facilitation’.
The day will include:
- What it means to be a facilitator.
- How to support groups to recognise and work with their power dynamics.
- Understand and deal with 'problem' behaviour.
- Cultivate empathy and the appreciation of differences.
- How to frame a group's needs.
- Using questions effectively to draw out the experience of a group
- Using non-hierarchal processes.
Who should attend this course?
The event will benefit anyone working with groups of people in the role of facilitator/workshop leader, in formal or informal settings. Whether you are a novice wanting to start out with a deep grounding, or an experienced facilitator wishing to develop your current understanding and practice, this course will provide a valuable insight into good facilitation.
Discount Offer: Book before January 2019 and get all courses at 2018 prices!
- £489: Large Businesses
- £363: Large Charities, Public Sector and Small Businesses
- £242: Smaller Charities (under 15 staff) and self-funded individuals.
Prices include a fabulous hot buffet lunch, Fair Trade refreshments and networking time. Concessionary rates for the unwaged and discounts for students are available. Bespoke Courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
Make an enquiry here: email@example.com
Bookings and information please contact:
Tel: 0207 324 4775 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org