Guidance and advice for the tourism and events industry
This section collates the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and advice for tourism businesses, including reopening guidance. As it becomes available, it will be updated with the latest information to support you through this challenging time.
First and foremost, everyone should follow all current guidance to minimise the spread of the virus and keep the public safe.
Latest updates to this section:
- 22 July: We've added information on face coverings as well as a link to assets to remind visitors that they still need to wear face masks in Scotland. Find out more at our Government advice and FAQs page.
- 13 July: The First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has confirmed further changes to restrictions as the whole of Scotland moves to level zero on 19 July. Further information has been added to the Government advice and FAQs page.
- 28 June: We've added information on the NHS campaign 'Right Care Right Place’ campaign to our health and wellbeing page.
- 28 June: The latest STERG minutes have been added.
- 1 June: The First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has confirmed further changes to restrictions across Scotland with the aim to remove all major remaining COVID restrictions by 9 August.
- 22 June: A review of physical distancing and outline of future changes has been published. Further information has been added to the Government advice and FAQs page.
- 21 June: Travel restrictions have been put in place on Manchester and Salford. This has been added to the Government advice and FAQs page.
- 16 June: Guidance is now live for the Scotland Coach Operators – COVID-19 Business Support and Continuity Fund – Strand Two.
- 15 June: We've added the update from the last STERG meeting
- 1 June: Applications are now open for the new VisitScotland Destination & Sector Marketing Fund.