Guidance and advice for the tourism industry
We know that this is an extremely difficult time for businesses and individuals across Scotland and we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it develops to ensure we are in the best position to work with the Scottish Government and other key partners to manage what’s happening as effectively as possible.
On 23 March, the UK and Scottish Governments announced that all non-essential premises must close in the effort to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes, but is not limited to:
- hotels, hostels, B&Bs and self catering accomodation,
- restaurants, cafes and public houses
- caravan parks/sites for commercial uses
- museums and galleries
- campsites, holiday parks, caravan sites and motorhome hire businesses
- View the full list of affected premises and social distancing guidance.
As it becomes available, this section will be updated with the latest information and advice to support tourism businesses through this challenging time.