Guidance and advice for the tourism and events industry
This section collates the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and advice for tourism businesses, including reopening guidance. As it becomes available, it will be updated with the latest information to support you through this challenging time.
First and foremost, everyone should follow all current guidance to minimise the spread of the virus and keep the public safe.
Latest updates to this section:
- 18 January: The Sector & Destination Operational and Market Readiness Fund (COVID-19) is now open.
- 15 January: Read the latest STERG minutes from 7 January.
- 31 December: Strategic Framework Business Fund added to the financial support page.
- 23 December: Minutes from the STERG meeting (17 December) have been added.
- 21 December: Our FAQ page has been updated with guidance for the festive period.
- 19 December: Christmas restrictions tightened and level four announced for mainland Scotland from 00:01 on 26 December. Those in Shetland, Orkney and the Western Isles will move to level three with strict travel restrictions.
- 18 December: STERG COVID-19 full industry survey results now published.
- 18 December: Latest version of STERG National Action Plan now available.
- 15 December: The First Minister announced changes to Scotland's protection levels.
- 15 December: Pivotal Event Businesses Fund announced and application guidance released.