Scottish Tourism Alliance activity on behalf of Scotland’s tourism industry
The Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) has remained on the front foot since the Coronavirus crisis started to unfold.
The organisation is having conversations with all sizes and types of tourism businesses across Scotland around the clock and continues its dialogue with the Scottish and UK Governments to bring about the introduction of additional measures that will prevent the collapse of our industry in the coming weeks and months.
Here’s an update from the team on their activity:
- Marc Crothall, Chief Executive of the STA is having a high-level tourism group meeting / call three times per week with the Cabinet Secretary and taking part in three business support weekly calls with other national bodies (different sectors). The core purpose of these meets is to feedback industry messages/asks in co-ordinated way so that all that is needed and happening in sector can be captured centrally.
- The STA sits on the Scottish Tourism Emergency Response Group (STERG). The group is chaired by VisitScotland and includes representatives of the industry, the Scottish Government Tourism Team, Scottish Tourism Alliance, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, South of Scotland Enterprise, transport sector and tourism organisations. Read more.
- The STA is now issuing a daily update to all tourism business and signposting to additional resources/help. You can sign up to receive this communication by visiting the STA website homepage.
- View a list of the key asks of the Scottish Government which has been put forward by the STA.
- The STA is capturing case studies from tourism businesses and briefing journalists on a daily basis. If you would like to share details of your situation with the media, the organisation will add you to their database. You can fill in a short form to be included.
- The STA is actively using all of its channels to engage all of its stakeholders throughout the day and night. For up to the minute updates, please follow the STA on: Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
- The STA will launch its new Coronavirus Media Centre on 18 March to offer journalists an efficient and accurate way of gathering information on the impacts to our industry, the STA’s activity as the voice of Scotland’s tourism industry and relevant media contacts.
- For more information on the STA or to connect with the organisation, please visit the website.