Entries are now open for the World Travel Market (WTM) World Responsible Tourism Awards 2019.
The awards recognise great examples of tourism businesses and organisations leading the way in reducing negative impacts on our planet and increasing positive ones.
There are a number of categories that business and organisations can apply to:
- Best for Wildlife and Nature Conservation
- Best for Reducing Carbon & Other Greenhouse Gasses
- Best for Transparent Reporting
- Best for Reducing Plastic Waste
- Best for coping with Success (dealing with Over Tourism)
- Best for Benefitting Local People
The awards are presented each year at WTM London as the centrepiece of WTM Responsible Tourism Day, the biggest responsible tourism event in the world.
To find out more and how to apply, visit www.responsibletourism.wtm.com/awards/wtm-responsible-tourism-awards/ .
Closing date for applications is 29 July 2019.