A pioneering light and sound show that has captivated audiences for 18 years, one of Scotland’s oldest whisky distilleries, alpaca trekking and a seafood takeaway on the East Coast are among those businesses and individuals the length and breadth of the country in the running for this year’s Scottish Thistle Awards. Who's made the list for your region?
The shortlist for the regional finals of the 2019/20 Scottish Thistle Awards, in association with Fishers, has been revealed, and sees some of the country’s biggest events, world-famous attractions, high quality food and drink establishments and first-class accommodation providers compete for the coveted regional accolades.
This year’s nominees include The Enchanted Forest, Glengoyne Distillery, Beirhope Alpacas and The Lobster Shack.
Shortlisted finalists will now come head-to-head with competition from other tourism businesses in their area at five different regional award ceremonies to be held in November.
The Scottish Thistle Awards, now in their 27th year, help shine the spotlight on individuals and businesses going above and beyond to create a destination and visitor experience worth talking about amongst our valuable tourism industry. They champion the very best of the Scottish tourism industry, celebrating innovation, success and excellence in the sector.
Once again, the Scottish Thistle Awards, have attracted entries from right across the country, with the regional winners earning their place at the prestigious National Final in March.
On behalf of the panel, I'd like to congratulate all shortlisted entrants and wish each and every one of them the very best of luck at the regional finals
The full 15 regional categories are:
- ScotRail - Best Visitor Attraction
- Fishers – Best Hotel Experience
- Bruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers – Best Self-Catering Accommodation Experience
- Abbey UK- Most Hospitable B&B/Guest House
- Best Informal Eating Experience
- Best Restaurant Experience
- Best Bar / Pub
- Johnstons of Elgin - Regional Ambassador
- Best Outdoor/Adventure Experience
- Working Together For Tourism
- Tourism & Hospitality Hero
- HIT Scotland - Regional Rising Star
- Best Cultural Event or Festival
- Historic Environment Scotland - Best Heritage Tourism Experience
- Geotourist - Innovation in Tourism Award
For a full list of shortlisted finalists, take a look at: www.scottishthistleawards.co.uk