We had a great response from tourism businesses across Perthshire who came together for our tourism networking evening at the Pitlochry iCentre on Wednesday (22 May).
Caroline Warburton our Regional Leadership Director for the area welcomed almost 50 attendees to the iCentre to meet with the regional VisitScotland team and to network with local businesses.
We heard from Anne MacDonald at Old Manse of Blair and Jason Logan of Fernbank House, who kindly provided valuable insight into their businesses, how they are working with the local business community and benefiting from the support of VisitScotland.
We have compiled a list of some useful information and contacts following the evening:
Insights - the sector employs 1 in 8 people in the region and the feedback from Perthshire businesses is optimistic for the next 12 months. You can find stats and research together with information about the Tourism Industry Barometer on visitscotland.com
Our consumer website visitscotland.com is one of our key channels – make sure you have a free web listing on our website – for help with this you can contact Liz Shorthouse.
Social media is an important channel for us to reach potential visitors and from our corporate team to engage with industry. Get involved.
- For consumer follow us on Facebook and Twitter @VisitScotland use #ScotlandIsNow #Visitscotland
- For corporate - join our closed Facebook group for Perthshire https://www.facebook.com/groups/VSPerthshireBusinessGroup/ and follow us on twitter @VisitScotNews and LinkedIn @visitscotland
The Solheim Cup 2019 - it’s coming our way this September, make sure you get involved and make the most of this world class event. We have developed a toolkit for business to get involved. #SolheimCup2019 #ItAllLeadsToThisMoment
Entries for the Scottish Thistle Awards are open until June apply now. You still have until 31 May to nominate a business.
For all things Year of Coast & Waters take a look at our dedicated section on visitscotland.org – here you can find out about funding and have access to a marketing toolkit to get involved.
Introducing the Team - use your regional contacts
- To work with VisitScotland and business support - Liz Shorthouse, Industry Relationship Managers and Tina Ogilvie, Regional Quality and Tourism Manager
- For the Pitlochry iCentre - Carey McHallam, iCentre Manager Pitlochry
- For iCentres beyond Pitlochry - Katie Hull, Area Manager
- For marketing - Lorna Reid, Regional Marketing Manager
- For industry communications - Laura Brown, Industry Communications & Social Media Executive
- For the press team - Grant Anderson, Regional Press Officer
Join your Local Tourism Association (LTA)
All LTAs are part of the Perthshire Tourism Partnership and are your representatives on that forum. All notes are published on the Invest in Perth website and shared on the FaceBook page.