In July 2018 we relaunched our corporate website VisitScotland.org. It's been designed with the tourism industry at its heart to provide a collaborative, informative and interactive platform to engage with us and the tourism industry.
Our site is the digital hub for Scotland’s tourism industry playing a critical role in growing Scotland’s visitor economy.
Our site was completely redesigned so that it's more intuitive and mobile friendly. The content and tone was refreshed with new features added such as a news section that can be filtered by region, more video content and step by step guides.
Going forward we want to improve the site further by engaging, inspiring and practically supporting the tourism industry. So, we’d love to hear your thoughts on what you like about it or in fact what you think it’s missing or could be improved. Get in touch via email@example.com.
Here’s some interesting insight since the relaunch on 9 July 2018
- There have been more than 174,000 users, up 20% on previous year.
- 511,586 pages viewed.
- 273 news stories published.
- 102 industry events submitted.
- Our biggest number of curious users in one day was for the relaunch on 9 July 2018 (1,312).
- The quietest period was between 22 December – 1 January, but we still had 139 users on Christmas Day!
Keep up with the latest tourism news
We've covered everything from Brexit to Bollywood in our news section, with our news stories having almost 29,000 pageviews to date. The most viewed stories so far are...
- Tourism on the rise, ONS stats on overseas visitors coming to Scotland (1,224 pageviews).
- M&S festive ad filmed in Scottish Borders (612 pageviews).
- Udderly Brilliant Corton Plants and The Coo Shed scores five stars in our Quality Assurance Scheme (513 pageviews).
Popular downloads: being ahead of the curve
- Top download Tourism in Scotland 2017 - report downloaded 5,119 times.
- Tourism trends - Trends 2018 (4,027 downloads) and Trends 2019 (2,394 downloads).
- Tourism in Scotland's regions 2016 - updated May 2018 (2,903 downloads).
- And looking well into the future... our Tourism Futures 2069 paper has been downloaded 536 times.
What else are people looking for?
Let's make tourism work for you
Our site offers a one-stop shop for all businesses and corporate stakeholders to access our marketing products, up-to-the minute advice and support. It focuses on helping you to achieve growth and improve quality across every point of the customer journey. Be sure to take a look across the site to see how it can help you.
Unlock your potential with key facts, insight and practical business advice and support that’s easy to find, digest and use.