We ran a regional feature on Ayrshire & Arran across our social media channels from 29 – 31 July. Activity took place across our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and we had some great results. Thanks to everyone who got involved!
Overview of results
Results for all posts across the three social media channels during the regional feature:
- Total engagement (likes, shares, comments) – 280,000
- Total reach (users who came across posts in the feature) – 4.6 million
- Non-followers of our Facebook page that the posts reached – 396,000
- All key performance indicators were met and content performed well although reach was down 30% on the 2017 feature as budget was used to promote the 2017 posts
- A bespoke blog '12 Hidden Gems in Ayrshire & Arran' was created for the feature and drove 4,509 link clicks, exceeding the 3,000 benchmark
- Reach increased by a massive 202% on the last Ayrshire & Arran regional feature in 2017
- Celebrities got in on the action! The content resonated with Outlander star Sam Heughan who retweeted one of our posts, making it our second-best performing tweet in July
- Overall reach increased by 42% on our 2017 regional feature
- Activity included a video shared from Rowallan Castle Estate which was our third most commented on Instagram post in July
- Instagram stories - we posted 10 Instagram stories during the feature with an average reach per story of over 44,000
Having three consecutive days of posts exclusively featuring Ayrshire & Arran across our social media channels kept the region front of mind with our followers. It also led many people who don’t follow us on social media to see our posts about the region.